Here’s a quick overview of our smoothie benefits. This green smoothie is a far cry from tasting anything like the mega doses of greens and vitamins in it because of the natural sweetness of the fruit we’ve added to our blend.
Use both kale and spinach in this recipe for a mega doses of vitamin C. They provide a powerful antioxidant punch, plus calcium, folate and fiber to help boost immunity and sometimes even fight off infection.
Then add the sweet stuff. Vitamin C-packed mango, pineapple and kiwi give this smoothie its sweet side. Mango has even been shown to protect against cancer and may help lower cholesterol. An extra squeeze of purifying lemon juice adds a fresh, bright squeeze, too.
PRO TIP: Use frozen fruit for a creamy smoothie. You may even add a couple of extra ice cubes if you want it thicker.
To help ward against cold bugs even more, add fresh ginger to the mix. Ginger has been proven to help with nausea, pain and inflammation. All the extras that come with a cold and general malaise.
Every smoothie needs a liquid and unsweetened almond or coconut milk will make your smoothie extra creamy.
IMMUNE BOOSTER SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This healthy and creamy immune-boosting green smoothie made with almond milk is naturally sweetened with frozen fruit and packed with vitamins and antioxidants to help keep colds at bay.
Total Time 5 minutes Servings 2 smoothies Calories 112kcal
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach and kale , packed tightly
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mix of mango, pineapple, and kiwi chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 lemon , juiced
- Add the spinach and kale to a blender with the Almond Breeze and blend well.
- Add the frozen fruit, ginger and lemon and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add more almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- If using fresh fruit instead of frozen, reduce the almond milk amount to 1 cup and slowly add more to make your preferred thickness. Or, add 3-4 ice cubes before blending.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 2746IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 1mg